Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Outfield Positions....

So I'm playing another demo game with my Tigers vs. Dodgers and while making out the lineup I happened to put Coco Crisp in RF (he's only listed as being able to play LF and CF) and the game doesn't alert me to anything wrong. I start the game to see what defensive rating Crisp will have paying out of position in RF. I expect him to have the F/5 range for being out of position but instead he has his defensive rating from LF. So I look up the rules to see if this is a computer game glitch or a rule we've overlooked. On page 5 of the Official Dynasty Rulebook there it is:

LF can play RF and vice versa. A player listed in CF
can play all of the OF positions.

So centerfielders can play all three outfield positions at their CF rating unless they have a specific rating for that field and corner outfielders can play the opposite field using their same defensive rating unless a different rating is specified.

So that solves my problem of how to play both Grady Sizemore and Vernon Wells at the same time on next year's team.

4 comments:

laketrout said...

I seem to remember we used that rule 10 years ago.

The rule makes sense and it's not one of the "optional" Dynasty rules. I think it's a rule we should use and implement before we go into the draft.

Happytimefunboy said...

Doug good question ask dyansty that one... If the deep drive is rolled on the pitcher card in the deep drive spot then yes, but if it's rolled on the batter card it is a deep drive. (I think)

We should vote on the outfielder rule and if we use it it should start for the 06 cards.

laketrout said...

We should vote on rule for the '05 cards (our 06/07 season) first. ...I think that's what you meant.

laketrout said...

So far what I've noticed is outfielders who play both corners have both the same range and arm rating for both positions, only the error rating might be different.